How to replace or repair your IQOS device
IQOS is manufactured with high quality materials and the cutting-edge HeatControl™ technology. As it is an electronic device, it requires care, but this does not mean that incidents are not possible.
Nonetheless, this is nothing to worry about as IQOS comes with a warranty, a extensive technical service and an international assistance service to help you with any incident that may involve your device.
The important thing is not to attempt to fix it yourself or have unofficial services do so, as this may irreparably damage your device.
Below we will provide you with a full explanation of everything you need to know about the most common IQOS problems, repairs and spare parts.
What to do if your IQOS has a problem
First of all, make sure that your IQOS really does have a problem by running through the steps of our troubleshooting guide:
- Find out what is happening with your IQOS 3 device
- Find out what is happening with your IQOS 3 MULTI device
- Find out what is happening with your IQOS 2.4 PLUS device
If your IQOS device is still malfunctioning after having followed all the steps given in our troubleshooting guide, we suggest you contact us through any of the customer services channels, or head to your nearest authorised store to explain to the customer services team exactly what is wrong with your device. You can contact us by:
- live chat, where you can send a message and we will answer you immediately. Got to the IQOS website and in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, you will find the live chat icon; click there and explain your doubts. This service is available from Monday to Friday, from 9AM to 9PM and on Saturdays from 9AM to 6PM (1h earlier in the Canary Islands).
- Social networks: talk to us through Facebook and Twitter, both available from Monday to Friday, from 9AM to 9PM and Saturdays from 9AM to 6PM (1h earlier in the Canary Islands).
- E-mail, by e-mailing us your doubts. This service is available from Monday to Friday, from 9AM to 9PM and at weekends from 9AM to 6PM (1h earlier in the Canary Islands).
- You can also call our freephone number 900 15 20 15 from Monday to Friday, from 9AM to 9PM and at weekends from 9AM to 6PM (1h earlier in the Canary Islands).
- Go to the website and find your nearest authorised IQOS store in the store locator.
What are the most common problems with IQOS?
Some of the most common problems with IQOS devices are:
- Broken heating plate: this part is the heart of the device and the most delicate part. Incorrect use or cleaning can damage it. If the plate has no tip, is twisted or broken, the IQOS will not function perfectly. This is what you should do if you believe that the heating plate is broken.
- IQOS does not turn on: follow the steps given in the IQOS user guide to start-up your device; if it still does not turn on, something has gone wrong.
In these cases, we always advise our customers to contact a customer services expert or head to an IQOS store.
Why buy spare parts for the IQOS?
All IQOS parts have been manufactured in accordance with high quality and safety standards. Due to the complexity and advanced technology employed, parts like batteries and heating plates are not sold or marketed separately.
It is important to take into account that IQOS is the result of many years of research with science and technology having come together to create the advanced HeatControl™ system that can heat the tobacco without burning it, at an optimum temperature that does not exceed around 350º.
Due to its advanced technology, IQOS boasts very sophisticated elements by which to guarantee its correct function (its duration and start-up will depend on the model chosen: IQOS 3, IQOS 3 MULTI or IQOS 2.4 PLUS).
As it is a long-lasting electronic device, IQOS requires a powerful energy source (here are 5 ways to extend your battery life). Additionally, the heating plate, the very heart of the device, and the HeatControl™ technology, incorporate delicate, sophisticated ceramic components and platinum, silver and gold elements.
As you can imagine, these types of parts have advanced technology and cannot be changed or handled by the user. In order to guarantee its correct function, it is essential that the device is only examined by the official technical service. At IQOS, we recommend that you always contact the Customer Services Department in the event of failure or malfunction, where qualified professionals can help you with any issue that may arise with your device.
What parts of IQOS can be replaced?
Although you cannot replace the technological components of IQOS by yourself, there are some external parts of IQOS that can be changed, depending on the model you have. For example, you can change your device caps or the side sleeve of the IQOS 3 charger. To see which elements can be changed, refer to the accessories section for your IQOS model:
Who can repair or replace a broken IQOS device?
Only IQOS stores with the official technical service. You may find a great many technicians and stores that are not authorised by IQOS and are willing to fix your device and may even offer you non-original spare parts. These types of interventions can irreversibly damage the advanced IQOS system.
This is why we recommend you contact an authorised sales outlet and make the most of the official IQOS technical service, where qualified IQOS professionals and experts can assist and help you.
Even if you are not in Spain, you can still make the most of the IQOS international warranty, thanks to the customer service abroad we make available to you.
Make the most of all the IQOS assistance services and do not let any unqualified staff touch your device. Only trust the official IQOS service to properly maintain your device and keep it functioning perfectly.
This product is not risk free. This product is intended for adult use only.