What makes IQOS different from vaporisers?
In order to take our place in the world of electronic cigarettes and understand the main differences with IQOS, it is interesting to take a look at how on the one hand the first vaporisers came about and, on the other, the origin and main aim of IQOS.
Electronic cigarettes and vaporisers have now been on the market for decades. They were developed with a clear aim: to offer an alternative to traditional combustion of tobacco and help smokers that wanted to leave smoke behind.
At Phillip Morris, faced with the emerging alternatives and the change taking place in the world of tobacco, we made a decision: to invest time and resources in creating a truly innovative product that would be a better choice for smokers. After 10 years of research, we finally launched an innovative product on the market that has revolutionised the industry: the IQOS device.
What is the main difference between IQOS and a vaporiser?
The real difference between IQOS and a vaporiser is that the Philip Morris device is designed for adult smokers looking for a better alternative to the traditional cigarette, whilst vaporisers are intended to be an alternative to tobacco, given that most of them use liquids.
The main innovation behind IQOS is the HeatControl™ technology, which heats the tobacco rather than burning it. This apparently simple change means that instead of smoke, a tobacco aerosol is produced, which does not generate ash, meaning there is no risk of burning you or those around you.
What different types of vaporisers exist?
We can find multiple types of electronic cigarettes available on the market today, most of which use liquids, with or without nicotine, of various flavours, etc. These electronic cigarettes or vaporisers can in turn be divided up into three groups:
- Disposable cigarettes (or “ciga likes”): electronic cigarettes designed for single-use or for being used with disposable capsules.
- Vape pens: liquid rechargeable e-cigarettes that usually feature a tank and an atomiser.
- Variable power electronic cigarettes or mods: electronic cigarettes that generally have a powerful battery and customisation options.
What are the main characteristics of IQOS devices as compared with vaporisers?
- It does not use liquids, as instead do most vaporisers, instead using units of tobacco for heating that have been specially designed be heated with the IQOS device.
- Its refined, rounded design and carefully-developed size make IQOS an elegant, yet practical item.
- It is an ergonomic device conceived for simple, easy use.
- It is pocket sized, making it perfect for carrying wherever you need it.
- Its bag or tabletop charging devices are innovative, convenient and quick.
- IQOS offers a full range of accessories to customise the device as you prefer.
Where can IQOS devices be found?
If you still don't have your IQOS and want to be a part of our great family, it’s time to get your own device. They are available from:
- our website, in the on-line store, where there is a full range of products available that Philip Morris has launched for adult smokers like yourself.
- authorised IQOS sales points and stores. Visit the store locator section of our website to find your nearest store.
And if you are still not sure, or would like a trial period before buying your very own IQOS, you are free to use our trial service. Make a request by filling in our website form and an IQOS representative will contact you to bring you the product and explain all its advantages in person.
Don’t stay stuck in the past, the better alternative is here now: smokeless, no ash, no cigarette smoke and combustion-free... this is what IQOS is all about.
IQOS is for adults only who would in any case continue to smoke tobacco products or use products containing nicotine. IQOS is not an alternative for stopping tobacco and nicotine consumption. IQOS is not without risk. The units of tobacco for heating used with IQOS contain nicotine, which is addictive.
The best way of reducing tobacco-related health risks is to stop consuming tobacco and nicotine products entirely.
This product is not risk free. This product is intended for adult use only.